Haven Primary School Update
Our children who live in Korogocho can attend school. Even if they continue to live with their family, their parents lack the resources to support their schooling. In addition, every family needs a breadwinner to provide revenue.
Teachers must pay close attention to the children’s living circumstances. A lot of kids will frequently miss a lot of lessons daily. They struggle to make up lost ground when they pick up their studies again later in the academic year. Major difficulties that families are facing frequently result in school absenteeism of children. In these circumstances, staff members communicate with the parents to emphasize the value of consistent school attendance.
However, one of the most amazing events of our life has been the path Haven Primary School has taken. Since the outset, we have experienced numerous facets of life. The school is immersed in God’s goodness, as we have seen with a population of 358 pupils with full learning and being fed promptly in our feeding program.
We are grateful to the staff for having a significant impact on motivating parents to be engaged in their children’s education.
Parents must realize the value of monitoring and follow-up to make sure their kids attended class and turned in all of their homework. In general, parents are aware of the significance of the part they play in their kids’ education.
This is a good starting point since parental sup- port is essential for the intervention to enhance children’s educational outcomes, which will then assist their kids cope with the difficult living conditions in Korogocho.
We have three new staff that have joined us .One is Mr. Serete Brian with a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education. He has brought freshness to the school now that he comes in with young blood.
Miss Cindy Higamanyien is from Cooporative University and Miss Purity Abasa from Egerton University pursuing Psychology and is home be- cause of lack of university fees.
Purity’s presence has been felt deeply since with her background in psychology studies, she assists the young pupils overcome the difficulties of growing up and develop into responsible adults by teaching them soft skills. Values, self-awareness, self-esteem, drug and substance abuse. relation- ships, HIV/AIDS and good communication are some of the subjects that she makes them under- stand.
Different pupils that have engaged with the new teachers have different learning styles, and their particular attitudes can be used to forecast how well they’ll adapt to school.
Their interest in classroom tasks and activities foretells higher accomplishment, and they likely to have better academic and social outcomes when they show good sentiments toward teachers.
The Grade 6 pupils are preparing for their examinations in order for them to join Junior High School .From August 15 to August 30, the Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) will activate the portal, at which point students in Grade 6 will need to choose Junior High Schools in order to be placed. The national exam for students in grade 6 will take place from November 28 to 30.
Exam results will account for 40% of the final score, with school-based assessments from Grades 4, 5, and 6 accounting for the remaining 60%. They will then register for the national exam after the evaluation’s results have been submitted to the portal. After that, students will be given an assessment number, which functions as a substitute for the index number, and use it to register for the Kenya Intermediate Level Education Assessment (KILEA).